[TowerTalk] Lightning Advice

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Sep 12 20:11:13 EDT 2007

> Then let's call it a "Single Point Equipment Ground" or "Single Point
> Entrance Ground" or something like that.

I agree that would be more understandable, or self explanatory and like you,
I'd prefer it. Unfortunately the SPG is one of those "industry terms".

> I agree with everything you are doing except the nomenclature. Ok, I
> admit to being nitpicky about names of things, but I firmly believe
> names like SPG should mean what they say and not require a further
> explanation to clear up the misnomer. Can you tell I used to be a tech
> writer? :-)

Likewise, I did plain language explanations of technical subjects for
degreed people in management or those in non technical fields. Here that
leaves me between plain language and using the proper term. It's much like
using Hertz for frequency instead of the self explanatory, cycles per
second. IOW it requires an explanation or definition for those not used to
it.

73

Roger (K8RI)