[TowerTalk] Yes it really can be done.

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 22:35:34 EDT 2007

 Lightning can and will get you, if it decides you are worth getting!

I can't say with 100% certainty that I will survive the mother of all strikes.

But, I do know that 99% will be properly directed into the ground, where all lightning really wants to go, in a real bad way, and it will happen way before it gets into my equipment.  I'm certain of that.

Yes it can be done.  These commercial stations, whose designs we copy, aren't laying out big bucks for 50,000 watt transmitters all the time since their on 24/7.

Most folks just don't even come close or they have at least one of the five major element missing and then they get zapped and you hear all about it.  In my experience, doing an investigation after the fact always reveals a major element missing.

YMMV, Phil