[TowerTalk] 160m 1/4 wave vertical help needed

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Mon Sep 17 00:04:55 EDT 2007

Steve,

Your symptoms make me suspicious that your antenna may be fine and your
impedance measurements may be bad.  What instrument are you using to
make your measurements?  MFJ analyzers and many laboratory instruments
are easily overloaded by strong signals that may be present on your
antenna.

Suggest you try an instrument that operates at transmitter power levels,
such an a VSWR meter or an LP-100 Digital Wattmeter (my favorite),
before you pull any more hair out.

73!
Frank
W3LPL