[TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Protectors

n4gi at tampabay.rr.com n4gi at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Sep 20 09:53:08 EDT 2007

I have a ~100' piece of burried 1/2" hardline going from my metal bulkhead out to the base of the tower.  It's not connected to anything on the tower, nor anything inside the shack.  I keep a beer can taped over the outside unused end to keep water out.  A monster EMP strike I took last week blew said beer can apart, and scorched (melted) the outside connector.

I guess I need to put polyphasers on both ends of the unused coax and add ground rods to the beer can so this doesn't happen again....

73,
Blake N4GI