[TowerTalk] Force 12 - Patents

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:28:29 EDT 2007

Roger wrote:

"I have no idea whether the Racal antenna was patented
or even original, but in the UK at least, published
prior art invalidates later attempts to patent the
same concept.

73 Roger
VE3ZI"

Fred Hammond, VE3HC (SK), of Hammond Transformer Company once told me that the Hammond Organ company tried to take him to court, claiming that the name of his company was an infringement of their trade mark.  Fred sent them a copy of a page from a 1926 issue of QST or some other electronics publication that contained an ad for his company.  He told them that it was he, who ought to be taking them to court for trade mark infringement.  That immediately ended the case.

Don, k4kyv