[TowerTalk] Coper clad steel

K2EK at aol.com K2EK at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 20:20:54 EDT 2007

DON'T  !!!!

I made 2 BIG mistakes a while back in ENY...  the first was using Sears
Aluminum electric fence wire....  It turned to a white powder after a few years.
The 2nd was using galvanized fence wire...  Also cheap...  It turned to rust.
In fact, The "copperweld" fence wire I used for beverages also rusted out and
was nearly impossible to solder repair the inevitable fixes...

Considering the work / hassle....  Do yourself a favor.  Get the 1000' spools
of solid copper radial wire from Craig at radiobooks.com... (or else where if
you can locate it)

I'm nearly done installing the first 3000 feet here ...  Another 3000 on this
tower yet to go...

73 de Bill
K2EK