[TowerTalk] Antenna Switch

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Sep 30 15:20:14 EDT 2007

I have two Array Solutions Sixpaks and they work great for SO2R.  If you
plan on switching the relay from your band decoder, you may experience the
same problem that I did.  These relays require at least 12v. to pull in.  My
band decoders caused a slight voltage drop, so did the diodes that I used to
switch bandpass filters and there was some control line loss, so there were
times that I would switch bands and the relay would not pull in.  If you use
a regular switch it should work fine or if you use a band decoder you need
to ensure that you have enough voltage and current for the relays.

John KK9A / P40A