[TowerTalk] What can I Use....?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 12:50:32 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/2/2008 9:02:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  I have recently acquired a Telex HyGain  HG 33 MT2  crank up tower.  I
would
like to motorize it.  Not being well  versed in crank up tower mechanics, I
would be appreciative of any and all  advice you fine contributors could
offer!  (Doncha just love those  well crafted pleas?!!  LOL!)

>  Seriously, I am a lazy bum  and have no desire to run outside whenever I
want
to raise or lower the  monster.  Pushing a button beside my radio is much
more my  speed.

        Actually I always advise  motorized crank-up owners not to use any
remote up/down switch where you  can't actually watch the tower as it's moving.
I've seen several semi-fatal (to  the tower anyway) accidents where a cable
snagged on something and broke the  main haul cable. With a small tower like
yours I don't think you're going to get  into too much trouble but it's still
recommended.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH