[TowerTalk] Any BN-86 Balun Replacement Suggestions?

N2TK tony.kaz at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 15:21:56 EDT 2008

I have had a few BN-86's fail with the core breaking. I do not know if that
was due to lightning, transmitting on the wrong band or that it just
couldn't handle 1500W.

Replaced some with BN-2000 HyGain baluns, then latter on with Force 12 B1's
and Comtek CFC-50's(low bands and output of amplifier).   I haven't lost any
since. I assume(hope) the newer baluns are working properly.

Jim, not sure how these compare to your recommendation below.

N2TK, Tony