[TowerTalk] Any BN-86 Balun Replacement Suggestions?

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Tue Apr 8 15:47:43 EDT 2008

I have replaced the BN-86 with a 1:1 balun from Radio Works.  Worked OK.  I think it was rated at 4 KW.  Typical SWR curve after replacement.  Just used hose clamps to attach it to the boom.

You could also use about 10 turns of RG-8 (or what ever type) in a 10" circle.  I have done that in the past too and works OK.

The DX Engineering baluns should be fine.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?