[TowerTalk] Heights Towers

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Tue Apr 8 22:44:54 EDT 2008

Heights, no.  Universal, YES.
Heights towers have 8' sections, Universal has 10' sections.  Both
all-aluminum, but with a slightly different bracing pattern.
Have had a total of 5 Universal towers over the years .. never had a
problem except when tornadoes ripped them down in 1982, 1985, and 1992
when I lived in Indiana.
Will be putting up 6 Universal towers this year [fingers tightly crossed].

Search the archive for info on how to erect them .. it's all here in
past postings, including some tips on how to minimize electrolysis
between the tower and the bolts used to join the sections, as well as
tips on maintainence.

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer.
Good luck
Don
N8DE