[TowerTalk] Electrical Box Enclosure attached to ground rod?

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Sat Apr 12 23:11:55 EDT 2008

All,

About to install ICE lightning arrestors on three coax runs as well as
the rotator cable and could use some advise. I'd like to use a small
electrical enclosure bolted directly to a 10 foot ground rod with 2 feet
of the rod left above ground.

It would be ideal to have the box grounded directly to the rod via
mounting hardware, but I'm not sure if that's the best approach. Does
anyone know of an enclosure made specifically for mounting onto a pole
or ground rod?

Tony -K2MO