[TowerTalk] Are my tower dreams in the toilet?

Chet Moore ChetMoore at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 20:14:15 EDT 2008

Lief

I haven't l;ookd at the reg for years.  When i moved here, they read that
ham towers could go up 1 foot for every 50 feet  of distance from the
runway.  In my case 50 feet or..................to the same height as any
existing structure/tree telephone pole between my home and the runway.  In
my case 2 seventy foot pine trees.  I went to 70 feet. After being here 10
years, the small
airport was purchased by a developer and they bulldozed the airport and
built
several hundred single family homes.  My tower is now 90 feet because its a
guyed tower and I can't go out any further and still keep the guys on my
property.  I did have to note on my station license that my tower was within
a mile of an airport

Good luck with your tower.

73

Chet N4FX