[TowerTalk] PL-259 Clamp style for RG-213

W3YY w3yy at cox.net
Tue Apr 15 15:37:06 EDT 2008

I haven't used the crimp style connector so can only comment on clamp type.

It seems that the advantages of clamp type would be (1) no crimp tool
required (usually expensive), and (2) no deformation of coax which I assume
(might be wrong) must happen to get a reliable crimp.

Either way, this is a lot better than soldering that braid on the PL-259!

73, Bob - W3YY