[TowerTalk] Coax as powerline - NOT

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Apr 15 15:38:31 EDT 2008

> Not that I want to encourage the use of coax for AC line power (I'm not
> too wild about the idea), but something that can also be considered here
> is that there could be isolation transformers in the system, so the two
> sides of the coax could be floating relative to "physical ground", with
> the grounding done, say, at the load end (this would be like the utility
> distribution... the grounding is done at the service entrance)
>
> And, of course, ground fault interrupters would greatly ameliorate the
> personnel safety issues.

Amen!

IF the ground side is really neutral an not ground.
Those GFIs are almost unbelieveably fast, but don't work at all if the
wiring isn't properly installed.  I wish I had them in the house. Had I had
on on a particular cuircuit I'd still have a very nice pair of flush cutting
side cutters<:-))
Here, they let us use *either* the ground fault breaker (Expensive), or when
a series of outlets are on one circuit you only need make the first outlet a
GFI (Not cheap but far less than the breaker)  and it'll work for the rest
on that circuit.

73

Roger (K8RI)