[TowerTalk] PAN CAKE ANTENNA -TAK-ANTENNA

Chris Adams n4vi at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 09:48:58 EDT 2008

David and others,

Would you be so kind to point me to the review(s) on e-ham.  I can find very little about this antenna despite searching on the term "Pan Cake-Antenna" on eham and google.  It seem I'm the only one that isn't familiar with the antenna.  I did download N3OX's EZNEC model so I understand what it is.

Here are some links to another spiral loaded vertical type antenna.  It's implementation is only single band.

http://www.arising.com.au/people/Holland/Ralph/spiralld.htm

http://www.arising.com.au/people/Holland/Ralph/shortvert.htm

Ralph wrote a much more user friendly article for antennex.com with pictures.  I modified the antenna in the antennex.com article from vertical to a dipole and was quite pleased with it.  I used it when our family moved to a condo while our house was remodelled.  However, it was only single band (40m in my case).  I have some pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

73

Chris, n4vi
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin at comcast.net>