[TowerTalk] Can I incorporate existing tower base

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Apr 16 14:03:13 EDT 2008

I have the same situation.  I have a 3x3x3 concrete base in my yard and I am
putting up a LM354HD tower and I want it in the same spot as the 3x3x3 base,
mainly because of the extensive radial system that already exists.  The guy
that is going to dig the hole and pour the concrete is going to dig around
my 3x3x3 and lift it out and them enlarge the hole to 4x4x6.5 and pour in
the new concrete. my one yard probably weighs 3000 lbs, yours is probably
5500 or more.  A stout fork lift truck shouldn't have any problems lifting
it.  Maybe even a tow truck might be able to do it.  The alternative is a
jack hammer.

Bob W6TR