[TowerTalk] Transmission Line Formula

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Apr 18 00:53:53 EDT 2008

It is in Reference Data for Radio Engineers, Chapter 24, configuration N.

Zo = [60/(epsilon^.5)]* ACOSH {[4D^2/d1d2 - d1/d2 -d2/d1]/2}

where epsilon is relative dielectric constant
D is center to center spacing
d1 and d2 are the wire diameters
ACOSH is inverse hyperbolic cosine

Of course I wonder why would anyone deliberately use different diameters?

Rick N6RK