[TowerTalk] Ultrabeam

WA3GIN wa3gin at comcast.net
Fri Apr 18 22:37:21 EDT 2008

What caught my eye was the way they mounted the trust bearing on the
crank-up mast.  Looks like three solid rods that connect the rotor mount
plate to the thrust bearing plate....taking the side moment stress off the
rotor housing.  That has always been a concern for mast users who didn't
want to rotor the entire tower from the base fixture.  Pretty novel
implementation.

73,
dave
wa3gin