[TowerTalk] How to deal with bad fitting Rohn 45 sections?

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Sun Apr 20 22:11:35 EDT 2008

Hi Gentlemen:

Thanks to Steve's good advice, I checked the alignment of the Rohn 45
sections I have and found that some sections are out of alignment by
almost 1/4".  Some of this tower was left over from a project up in
Seattle, and I suspect that it may have been put aside as not well
fitting, but I'm not sure.  I think N2EA mentioned a while back on this
list that he had to have a section cut apart and re-welded.  I hope I
don't have to do that.  I am tempted to try and bend the ends a little
with a jack or something to make things align, especially on one section
that looks a little bent already (in the wrong direction).  What advice
do you have for me?

73,

Rob, KL7NA