[TowerTalk] identification/advice

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Sat Apr 26 21:10:59 EDT 2008

Roger,

You asked.   So here goes:

1)  make sure you place the tower at least one tower length from the
house.
2)  since it isn't engineered, guy it as best you can--and following
the rohn plan
	shouldn't hurt you.
3)  The problem of draining rainwater out of the legs is a big one.
Particularly
	north of the border.   I would make sure you cap off topside, to
prevent rain
	incursion.    Then, we need to come up with a solution for drain holes.
	Maybe some small diameter thru-drills?    That will void the
galvanizing, but
	that's preferrable to not having a drain.    Maybe a couple of .010
or .020 holes
	just above the solid second impingement?

anybody have more creative ideas?

N2EA