[TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PX

Matt Patterson mattpatt at 1starnet.com
Tue Apr 29 07:42:32 EDT 2008

I have one and really like it.  It turns a 5 el 20m monobander on a 48'
boom and a 9 el 6m monobander on a 36' boom with ease.  I use heavy duty
rotor cable from the tower to the shack as my run is a little over 250'
in length.  I had a problem similar to #3 until I used a run of RG-58
for the read/write pulses and this solved the problem.  The only thing
I've had problems with here lately is that I've had the reed switch go
out twice due to indirect lightning strikes.  So a good ground system is
a must to help bleed off the static buildup.  I'll be the first to admit
that my ground system is not what it should be but I'm working on it.
Inline ICE protectors (or equavilent) that connect to the rotor cable at
the base of the tower and at the shack are a must.

73 Matt
W5LL