[TowerTalk] Tasjian Towers

Bernard wtrone at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 23:04:35 EDT 2008

Thomas: last Fall, I was in the market for a new tower and tried to contact Tashjian for some additional information on one of their telescoping towers.  I emailed them a couple of times and even sent snail mail.  Never did get a response from them.  I posted this result on this reflector and several came to Tashjian's defense.  All I can say is that Tashjian NEVER did respond to the emails or snail mail.  Go Figure!

I also contacted U. S. Towers and they were very responsive, but I did reach a point that their engineer stopped returning my email.  All things considered I did select one of their towers and I am in the process of installing a motorized MA-850.  Unfortunately, their installation information is very marginal, perhaps unacceptable, at best.  For $10,000, I expect more than a couple of one page drawings.

I just don't subscribe to the notion that the tower companies don't supply information because of potential litigation.  Why?  I strongly suspect that they could be sued for not providing accurate assembly/ instruction information!!!!  Of course, that is only my opinion.

Best of luck to you.

            73s

            Bernard, WA4OEJ

Database version: 5.10400e