[TowerTalk] Tower Cable Query

Dan Hearn dhearn at air-pipe.com
Sun Aug 10 00:25:28 EDT 2008

Tommy: I am not familiar with your crank up but if it is similar to my TX472
UST you don't have to block each section. I raise and lower mine with a
tractor pulling on the single lift cable thru a floor block pulley. I then
slip a piece of 3 inch channel iron thru the bottom section just below the
bottom of the next section up and slack off on the lift cable letting the
channel iron take the load. The other sections are raised in a sort of
bootstrap manner by individual cables between sections. Hope your tower is
built in a similar manner.
73, Dan, N5AR