[TowerTalk] Splicing LDF4

Steve Maki steve at oakcom.com
Fri Aug 29 23:02:44 EDT 2008

Rob,

The fallacy in this argument is the implication that it's difficult or
even impossible to weatherproof the outside of a splice. Nothing could
be further from the truth, is spite of some failed "attempts" by some.

I'm not trying to encourage cheaping out on connectors, just trying to
shed some light....after all, even proper connectors are always
weatherproofed in commercial installs. The VERY same weatherproofing
techniques will GUARANTEE a hermetic seal on homemade connections just
the same.

Steve K8LX