[TowerTalk] Inverted L Question

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Sat Aug 30 04:12:24 EDT 2008

I have been reading all the answers to your questions. I have 2 questions.
Firstly I have had 3 160 inverted L's at different locations.
My questions for you are: Why 175 feet.?. Where does that come from.?. Every
one I've used has been 66 feet vertical and 66 feet horizontal. 132 feet is
the common accepted starting point for 1/4 wave 160 meter antennas. Ideally
an inverted L is a 1/4 wave vertical with the voltage portion bent over
horizontally. That's where the 66 ft vertical and 66 ft horizontal comes
from.
Why the 75 ohm cable.?. The input impedance of an inverted L with a
reasonable ground system is slightly less than 50 ohms.

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.n7mal.com