[TowerTalk] Inverted L Question

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sat Aug 30 04:59:16 EDT 2008

Is there another piece missing from this jigsaw - the length of the
feedline?

Taking Jim's figure for Rr of 35 Ohms, we get a VSWR of 2.1 in a 75 Ohm
system. BUT if the feedline were an electrical quarter wavelength that
35 Ohms would become 160 Ohms at the measurement point and that would
show as a VSWR of 3.2 in a 50 Ohms system. No amount of series
capacitance would improve it!

73,
Steve G3TXQ