[TowerTalk] 6 meter beam troubles

Michael Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 18:22:43 EST 2008

 I have a new M2 6mter 7 elememt ( 6M7 ) on a 26ft boom.  SWR while on the
ground looked good and at 10ft.  IN the air, on the tower the lowest swr is
at about 49.700  !! ?  There are other antennas on the tower, including 3
ele STEPPIR with the additional 6 mtr ele.  This x-tra STPPEIR ele was
REMOVED and the elements HOMED ( or retracted, with no change.  A 20ft boom
2mter beam about 15 ft higher, a K1FO  on 220 and another M2 17ft boom on
432, with a small H-frame for mounting. None of these are that far away, but
these do not have problems of their own, they appear to  have no interaction
from the 6 mtr  beam. Also trimmed 1/4" from each side of the driven element
with no swr change. I am a bit stumped here.  Any ideas or suggestions are
welcomed, on or OFF line or on the PHONE.  Thanks...  -Mike, K4CVK (941)
376-6453