[TowerTalk] vertical antenna ground loss

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 7 10:15:54 EST 2008

Good point -

I believe I avoided that pitfall, because I have BOTH the
vertical and various dipoles that I  switch in and out depending
on what works better in a given situation and to suit my whim
(which is the the most important factor, anyway...)          ;-)

Your point of making a thorough, rigorous comparison is good
advice.   Implicit in your comment is the fact that single factor
analysis is often overly simplistic and many times seriously
flawed because it does not consider ALL (or enough of )
the applicable factors.

Antennas are especially complicated items - like one's golf swing...
Focusing on just one or two aspects and neglecting others
can lead one off course.

=========  Happy trails - Richards / K8JHR  ===========