[TowerTalk] No end caps

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Dec 9 17:02:30 EST 2008

My antennas have only been up for 11 years, but booms and element ends
suffer only from turkey buzzard poop. The only the only places I have a
critter problem are with wasps in the top of my mast, and ants in any
electronics boxes on the tower - recently, I have started putting moth
balls in my electronics boxes, and that seems to be working, but I'm not
looking forward to mortal combat with the wasps, just me and my spray can
97 feet up.  Guess the smart thing would be to climb up there when it is
cold and miserable and put a cap over the top.  Sunny days feel better to
me but to the wasps as well.

73, Pete N4ZR