[TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Question

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 03:21:26 EST 2008

I have heard it said many times that one should not weld the rebar cage together, but tie it together using tie wires.  But I have never heard any explanation of why.

What problems would be caused by welding?  I can't see how such a minor detail would make any significant difference, but a welded cage is certainly easier to handle before the concrete is poured in, and less likely to fall apart just as the  concrete is being dumped.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/

http://gigliwood.com/abcd/