[TowerTalk] Spacing between Antennas

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Thu Dec 11 13:00:15 EST 2008

Edward Sylvester wrote:

>Thank you for all your input thus far.  I just want to clarify that the heaviest duty materials are being used.  The UST 689 is rated for a gazillion sq ft and the 3" chromally mast is not for the faint at heart.  I believe the 689 will handle 35 sq ft at 70 mph or more....

In that case, the tower will be severely overloaded.  With the 80 meter
2 element at 18 ft above the tower and a MonstIR at 3 ft above the top
of the tower, you will need a tower rating of about 60 sq-ft at 70 mph
to be in the ballpark of handling it.  More exact data is needed to
calculate the actual numbers.  If you are in a 100 mph area, it gets
really tough.

Jerry, K4SAV