[TowerTalk] vertical antenna ground loss

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 11:29:11 EST 2008

Steve, I agree that is what a Mininec model likely shows...
A model is not the real world...
A good read of Cebik in this subject will give additional information...
And while my example may be a bit overwrought, it mirrors real world performance...
The whole point of my post is that real world GP vertical performance is not as dismal as a Mininec plot suggests...
And a low, horizontal antenna is not as necessarily as good at low angles as Mininec suggests...

cheers
denny / k8do