[TowerTalk] rohn 25g questions

Donald Hofmann electroubleshooter at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:29:19 EST 2008

Thanks

I can't use a trencher due to obstacles in the way - propane tank, water
well house, etc. I could use direct burial cable and just bury it a few
inches deep but it would take me an extra 10' to navigate around all of the
obstacles

Is your worry that the pipe will bend or pull out of the ground? Drill stem
is hardened and will not bend. If the guys are tensioned to 400 lbs then I
figure that the most that the wind could add would be 1000 lbs total force.
I don't think that the pipe would budge, as 4' isn't enough leverage.
Some guys use 1/4" thick pipe as much as 8' tall, others use I-beam. If the
worry is that it will loosen in the ground, then the same goes for I beam,
etc. In my hard clay with sandstone, it won't come out of the ground.

Thanks