[TowerTalk] ballon supported antenna

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Dec 16 18:14:08 EST 2008

About 25 years ago I launched a 1/4 wl balloon supported vertical during a
contest.  Unfortunately the weather was windy and the antenna was not
straight up but it seemed to work pretty well.   I have also used a kite to
support a vertical while in the Cayman Islands, but it fell into the ocean
before the band really opened.

John KK9A