[TowerTalk] best way of getting a line over a tree

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Wed Dec 24 14:00:08 EST 2008

Robert,

The tennis ball system has an added advantage.  It isn't considered a
weapon.

In some jurisdictions, shooting an arrow or firing a slingshot is
considered the
same as illegal discharge of a firearm.    I cleared it with my local
police here in NJ... who inspected the arrow (without head) and
string attached,
before pronouncing it was not a firearm in their view.

They recommended that the downrange area be managed.

Which means... no solo antenna work.

I've experimented with bolts in place of target heads on the arrow.
It minimizes
the chances of sticking into a branch.   But it's still dangerous, if
someone were hit
in the head by the thing.

Jim Jarvis, MBA
President - Executive Coach
The Morse Group, LLC
732 548 5573 office  908 410 9130 cell
www.themorsegroup.net
Leadership Development * Salesforce Excellence * Strategic Planning