[TowerTalk] [Antenna-discussion] Best way of getting a line over a tree

DAVID CUTHBERT telegrapher9 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:17:13 EST 2008

Eric,

here is a link to a review of a device made for this. They say it will shot
a tennis ball 300 feet. It's $119.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5199

There is also a slingshot/fishing reel device sold for this purpose.

I have used a slingshot with good results. Sporting goods stores sell good
slingshots. I use a small 'super ball' that you can get from the 25 cent
vending machines. Drill a hole through the ball and tie on a string.

A bow and arrow might work well but if you haven't got one I think the $119
tennis ball shooter would be a better investiment.

Or, capture a squirl and tie a string to him. Let him run up the tree. When
he gets to the top shoot him. He will fall to the ground with the string
attached.

    Dave WX7G