[TowerTalk] lines into trees

richard allen rca at rcallen.com
Thu Dec 25 11:39:57 EST 2008

Hi Joe,

These were used, six in parallel, in the clock driver for a mainly solid state Univac III.  Whenever the field service folks had any kind of problem, they replaced all six and put the removed ones in a box for me!  They were usually good and I had
six, two, and 432 amps that used them.  They were later replaced by a single 4cx1000 and I got several of those in my box also.

The tape drives also had large mercury vapor tubes (866??) that glowed as the tapes ran.

Neat stuff!

Regards,

Richard W5SXD

(12/24/2008 23:45)