[TowerTalk] Low Band Verticals (again)

Barry Merrill barry at mxg.com
Mon Dec 29 03:32:06 EST 2008

I had pretty good success in the Stew Perry on 160 feeding my 43-foot Zero Five,
adding a 90-foot wire from it's tip to the top of my 33 foot BigIR, with the
"horizontal" wire more of a "U" than horizontal, dropping to about 25 feet in the center.

I used only the tuner in the ICOM 756 III and could match the Inverted L on 160 thru 20.

The BigIR motor is broken, but I had maually forced the conductor to it's full 33
foot length, and I compared it with the 160 L during the RAC on Saturday, and
it was slightly better on 20 and 40 than the Inverted L, but not so much so that
I couldn't use the Inverted L on 160 and 40 and 20.  I didn't try either antenna
on 80.

73

Barry, EI/W5GN