[TowerTalk] Skyhawk question

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 29 06:59:32 EST 2008

I have a Bencher Skyhawk and I really think the antenna is good but I have a
weird problem with it. I would like some ideas of what to look for before I
go up and check it out. The swr is 2-2.5 to 1 on just 20 meters and about
1.5 to 1 or normal on 10 and 15. Because all the driven elements are tied
together I don't think it is a feedline problem. I don't think there is any
ice on it either. The only thing I can think of is maybe the feedpoint got
loose on the 20 meter feedstraps. I assembled it per instructions and it
worked great until a couple days ago. Any one have this happen or have any
ideas to look at when I climb up there in the next couple days as I get
ready for the RTTY test this weekend?  Gregg K9KL