[TowerTalk] Now this is maddening...

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 29 18:25:20 EST 2008

Have you tried a analyzer at the matching device?  Perhaps you have a corroded ground that looks OK at DC but not RF.  While you are looking at the analyzer you can move and shake the parts.  (of course, see if there was a change after you remove you hand or tighten a nut.)

Are you sure your PL-259 at the end of the coax is good?  How did you check your transmission line?  With a dummy load connected to the PL-259?  Just a wild guess, but I would really suspect the shield solder connection to the PL-259.

Good Luck.

Mike
AD6AA