[TowerTalk] Now this is maddening...

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 29 20:01:05 EST 2008

All good questions!

At 06:45 PM 12/29/2008, Chet Moore wrote:
>how high is the tower

48 ft plus a 40CD2 at 49 ft, DW3 at 52 ft, corner reflector at 52 ft,
a KLM-KT34A at 56 ft, VHF discone at about 58 ft.

>what other antennas/beams are on the tower

See above.

>how high up is the tap

48 ft

>how many radials do you have out

Not enough (by a long shot) and all are intact.

>Did you check to see if the connection to the radial ring (or what ever you
>use to connect to the radials ) is still good? (my connection to the radial
>ring had been cut and my vvc would not find a match in the ARRL 160 contest)

Yes, I verified that what I have out are still connected and intact.
As an additional bit of info, it worked before I put out radials, too.

73,

Kim Elmore N5OP