[TowerTalk] Cubic Quad Antennas

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Feb 4 09:45:32 EST 2008

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 23:37:45 -0500, "Norm Duxbury"
<duxburyn at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>There is no apparent interaction, Craig.  If you feed your quad at the top
>or bottom it's horizontally polarized.  Your tower is vertical.  No
>interaction.  Now, if you feed your quad at the side, that may be a problem.
>But, I've never done that, so I can't say for sure.
>
>73, Norm - W1MO

I agree with Norm. I had a Cubex four element quad up for six years, fed
at the bottom, and noticed no problems. A great antenna, by the way, but
no fun to fix when the wires start breaking. I replaced it with a yagi
which has a bit less gain gut does the job and should be
maintenance-free, I hope.

If you go with the quad, use copperweld wire for longevity. Mine was
just tinned copper.

73, Bill W6WRT