[TowerTalk] Is there a decent way to fit a prop pitch in Rohn 25tower?

Hardy Landskov n7rt at cox.net
Tue Feb 5 17:03:18 EST 2008

What I would be afraid of is the Rohn 25 top section failing after a period
of time because of the tower section twisting that will occur each time you
start the prop pitch. I have about 22 sq ft on AB105 which is 24+ inches on
a side and the starting torque and resulting tower twist is significant. I
did not realize it but I was on the tower one time and had someone in the
shack turn the antenna!   I have the top set of guys 10 feet below the top
of the tower so I can tram antennas up and down.
 Maybe someone can chime in and set us straight on this because I have been
turning this antenna for about 20 years.
GL N7RT