[TowerTalk] Which RTV Update.. Which One for this Application?

DENNIS BRICKEY n4dd at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:50:34 EST 2008

OK Guys,

The 4:1 balun that I am needing to build is illustrated in the KLM 40M-4 manual and equates to a 1/2 wavelength of coax cut 6 inches longer to allow 3 inch center

conductor pigtails for attachment to each side of the driven element.  The 1/2 wave is in the shape U with the shields at each end soldered to the shield of the

actual feedline.  The center conductor of the feedline is then soldered to one of the center conductors at the end of the 1/2 wavelength of coax and attached to one side of

 the driven element leaving one remaining pigtail for the other side of the driven element.  I think there was some confusion as to what I was building.  The coax will be open

and therefore needing some kind of sealant. What do you do?  What do you use?  Sorry for any confusion!!

Thanks for the input,

Dennis N4DD