[TowerTalk] 40-2CD SWR problem

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 10 21:29:40 EST 2008

Dick,

>From your message:
> I don't think it's in the switching relays (SO2R box.)

I sort of suspect the relay box is the problem. I have seen 'lazy' relays in
non radio applications do exactly what you are describing, that is, poor
continuity until hit with a current load. It should be easy enough to
eliminate the SO2R box as the problem, try putting the antenna circuit in
question on a new port or swap ports with another antenna.  Also try
manually selecting the antenna via the SO2R box a few times before hitting
the transmit switch and see if there is a change.

I am not familiar with your antenna so if someone has knowledge on it, now
is the time to chime in.

73 Eric.