[TowerTalk] Up 60' with Rohn 55

Artmouton k5fnq at cox.net
Thu Feb 14 07:25:16 EST 2008

To follow up from the previous post on the construction of the base section
and cost, this last weekend, with the help of three very good friends -
local hams (NG5X and N5AN) and my base contractor (my non-ham wife's cousin
who wanted to see how the heck we would get the tower up). I am now up 60'
with my rock solid Rohn 55G.

It is a thing of beauty and, thanks to a large live oak tree, is also not
too bad of a problem for the neighbors although they keep asking if it will
fall....

Now to get the rotator and beam on the top and get back to serious DX
chasing (I have 8 to go)

Thanks for the input and help from the list on the base section construction
73, Art K5FNQ