[TowerTalk] Interconnect grounds ???

Beat Meier mbe_ml at swiss-wireless.com.ar
Thu Feb 14 12:05:38 EST 2008

Hello again

I have read the big thread "Ground System" and have a question ok two
questions.
I will put in the next few weeks my new 66m tower. The location is 60m
away from the house.
The grounding system of the house is just opposite :-(
 From the tower there is no coax nor other cable which enteres in the house.
The only connection is the powerline. This power line is taken from the
garage which is betwen the
house and the tower. The garage has a say not su good ground. There in
are the washing machine
and a dryer machine.
Distance from the tower to the garage is 38m from the garage to the
house 60m.

Now my question.
Should I connect the grounding system (there will be 2 or 3 radials away
from the tower and away from the house)
only with the garage, with garage and the house or with nothing?
What copper thickness do I need for interconnect the grounds (35mm² or
50mm² or can it be lower)?
What I have read in a book is 35mm² to interconnect ground roads but
bounding the garage with the tower
is the same? Say can I use 16mm² cooper where I live is very expensive.

2. The ground radials should be 35mm² or 50mm²? Last but not least
because I put at least 2 radials
(maybe I put 3) can I use a thinner one say 16mm² or does this be
destroyed too early?

Thanks a lot for any help

Beat