[TowerTalk] UST MDX-589 Electrical Question

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Feb 18 16:27:03 EST 2008

AFAIK, all the control stuff has to run on 120VAC
no matter what the motor is setup for.  You need
to run both voltages to the tower if you convert.
Another alternative is the run 240VAC to the tower
and convert to 120VAC at that point.  That is what
I do on my HDX5106.  I got a step down transformer
in a weatherproof box cheap at a swap meet.  In
my case, the transformer is big enough to operate
the motor so left the motor set up for 120VAC.

Rick N6RK