[TowerTalk] RG8X rf power levels?

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Tue Feb 19 01:57:58 EST 2008

I have been using RG8X for up to 600 watts output without any problems but
curious if any of you are using for higher rf output levels?  I am
contemplating a slightly larger amp at our Oregon Coast summer home that
would run typically about 800 watts output on CW and maybe slightly higher
output on SSB PEP.
With a reasonably low swr 2 to 1 or so can RG8X stand that level of power?
Van, K7VS

It has removed 655 spam emails to date.